This information as well as more detailed explanations can be found on our website at: https://selahspiritual.com/track-one-certificate-in-spiritual-direction/
1. Participate in two 5-day intensive residencies and in at least 24 monthly sessions as a spiritual director with at least two directees.
- Dates of residencies: August 17-21, 2020, and June, 2021.
- Read from an extensive bibliography that focuses on contemplative presence and the ministry of spiritual direction.
- Pre-residency list: SD reading list 1
- Between residencies list: SD between residencies reading list
2. Monthly spiritual direction as a directee.
3. Monthly consultation with a mentor assigned at the first residency.
- Send one recording of a spiritual direction session to your mentor for accountability, support, and suggestions.
4. A final reflective paper integrating your experience as a spiritual director, the readings, and the residencies.
Cost of program: $3999
- Includes tuition and room and board during residencies. Participant covers cost of travel and books.
- Can be paid in one sum at the beginning or in two parts–one half before each residency.
- Discount if the fee is paid in full or half by April 30.
Deadline for 2021 Cohort applications (beginning August 2020) is May 31st.
To fulfill the application process, complete the following:
- Answer the essay questions. SD Application Essay Questions
- Have three individuals complete the recommendation form. Recommendation Form
- Material will be reviewed by staff, and if accepted, you are welcome to enroll in the program by choosing one of the payment options below.
Hi, our names are Dr. Jackie Halstead and Fr. Marshall Craver
I [Jackie] am the CEO of Selah and hold two certificates from Shalem Institute for Spiritual Formation. The first is in Leading Contemplative Prayer Groups and Retreats and the second is in Spiritual Guidance. I take an eight-day Ignatian retreat each year at Spring Hill College under the direction of Fr. Christopher Viscardi, SJ. I am co-director of the Spiritual Direction Certificate–Track One.
I [Marshall] am the Associate Rector of St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, Mobile, AL. I am a graduate of The Shalem Institute for Spiritual Formation and have served as an adjunct faculty member of Shalem for the past nine years. I have a Certificate in Spiritual Direction from the Jesuits of Spring Hill College and feel deeply called to the ministry of spiritual direction. I am a co-director of the Spiritual Direction Certificate–Track One.