This information as well as more detailed explanations can be found on our website at: https://selahspiritual.com/track-two-ignatian-spiritual-direction/
1. Certificate in Spiritual Direction from an accepted program.
2. Completion of the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius individually with a spiritual director.
3. Desire to direct others through the Spiritual Exercises
1. Receive monthly spiritual direction.
2. Read from a bibliography that focuses on Ignatian spirituality and the ministry of spiritual direction.
For the Optional 9 Month Practicum, Read from an additional short bibliography
3. Write a final reflective paper describing the manner in which Ignatian spirituality enhances/impacts you and your ministry of spiritual direction. This is a reflective exercise aimed at demonstrating the integration of the topics covered during the residency. Paper is due September 25, 2020.
4. Attend one 5-day intensive residency near Nashville,TN the week of August 17-21, 2020.
For the Optional 9 Month Practicum
1. Attend monthly group supervision while directing someone through the Spiritual Exercises (September-May).
2. Attend one 2-day concluding retreat near Nashville, TN, the weekend of April 23-25, 2021.
*Limited to 6 participants.
Apply by March 3, for the 2020 cohort.
To fulfill the application process, complete the following:
- Fill out the application. Track Two Application
- Complete the essay questions. SD Two Application Essay Questions
- Have three individuals send in recommendations (This step is not needed if a graduate of the Selah Spiritual Direction Program). Recommendation Form
Staff will review the materials and invitations will be sent out by May 15, 2020.
Cost of Certificate Program:
$1499 includes tuition, room and board during the residency. Participant covers the cost of travel and books. Payment is due before the residency. If you would like to pay it in increments, contact us at [email protected]
Additional Cost of Optional 9 Month Practicum:
$950 includes Practicum tuition, monthly supervision, easy to use formatted electronic version of Spiritual Exercises, room and board for concluding retreat. Participants cover cost of travel and books.